Bicycle Blue Book Trade In Program
If you have a bike but are ready for an upgrade, want to purchase a different style bike, or you are just ready for a change, this might be the program for you!
6Fifteen Cyclery has partnered with Bicycle Blue Book to help you obtain your new bike by selling your old bike and using the credit towards your purchase.
How does it work?
Our seasoned mechanics will check over the bike and guide you through the valuation process using the third-party blue book service BicycleBlueBook.com. We will then issue you immediate credit toward the purchase of a new bike at 6Fifteen Cyclery. You can get an estimate of your bike's value here to get an idea what your bike might be worth.
How will a bike's condition be evaluated?
One of our veteran mechanics will use good judgement to assess the condition of the following systems to arrive at an overall condition:
What bikes will be accepted?
In general, most bikes originally purchased from a bike shop will be eligible. To do our part to fight bike theft and for your security, we will require the following to process a trade in:
Some other fine print
Before you load up your bikes and family into the car, please consider the following:
Bike Qualifications - the program is only designed for Bike Store quality level bikes model year 2000 or newer
- Valuations assume all original parts (or better) are on the bike for valuation
- Department store level bikes do not qualify (such as Huffy, Magna, Next and alike)
- Tandems, adult trikes, and recumbents do not qualify
- If your bike is not in the database it can still be valued, the custom quote process will take 24-48 hours
- Your bike should be clean, functioning, and in sellable condition
- The serial number must be clearly visible and not be defaced or destroyed
What to bring
- A valid US issued driver's license, state ID, or Passport
- Any chargers, manuals, and/or accessories that go with the bike
- Receipts for any upgrades made to the bike
- We log your valid driver's license number as I.D
- We log the bike's serial number
- We have you sign a statement that says the bike is yours to sell