Trade-In and Trade-Up Program for Kids Bikes
(applies only to NEW kids bikes purchased from 6Fifteen Cyclery)
About the Program
Donate your kids old bike and help someone less fortunate! One thing is for sure; growth spurts happen and just like their jeans and sneakers, your kids will outgrow their bikes. We understand that can get expensive. Our goal is to keep them riding safely on a bike that fits them properly and is age appropriate. That is why we have a Trade-In and Trade-Up Program for kids. When you buy any new kids or youth bicycle from us, we'll give you back 50% of the original purchase price, in trade, when they are ready for their next size bike. And the best part is, the bikes we receive are donated the Charity Bike Institute who distribute them to a number of local charities including.
- The Trinity Center - A non-residential program serving the homeless
- No One Left Behind - Dedicated to saving the lives of America's Wartime Veterans and their families
- Saint Timothy's Church - The Adopt a Family Bike Program
- Hayward Unified School District & The Tennyson High School attendance program
- San Damiano Retreat
- The Antioch School District
- The MS Society
* Please note the Charity Bike Institute also excepts donation for used adult bikes and we are happy to help you de-clutter your garage and pass them on. You can learn more at www.charitybikeinstitute.org
- Trade-in value good for up to two years after the original bike purchase.
- Only valid for trade-in for a larger wheel bicycle.
- No need to bring in the original sales receipt as we already have all your purchase info on file. Simply bring your child’s bike in reasonable and rideable condition, and we’ll take care of the rest. It's that easy to keep your kid riding on a good quality, proper fitting bike. We know, all too well, how fast our little darlings grow!
- One bike credit per trade please.
- If you have 2 or more kid’s bikes to trade, you are welcome to apply each bike to a separate trade.
- Cannot be combined with offers or sale promotions.
- Original purchaser only
Which bikes may I trade-up to?
You may trade-up to any new, larger size bicycle that is intended for use by a child/teenager, up to an XS, 26” wheel bicycle. You may not trade for a same-sized or smaller bicycle.
What happens to my old bike?
Your old bike will make another child happy! We will fix it up and donate 100% of the youth bikes that are brought into our shop to our favorite charity.
What are the requirements to receive credit?
Our only requirement is that the bicycle is in good working condition. After all, these bikes WILL be going to other children. We completely understand that this is a used bike, but please, do not bring in any damaged bikes so that we can keep everyone safe AND happy!